Xeon 64-bit build question

David Fix g4ta4az02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:09:35 PST 2005

Hey there, I'm going to build the multilib x86-64, and was wondering...  The
Xeons that I have have the 64-bit extensions, and I was wondering if I can
use x86_64-pc-linux-gnu as the target triplet?  The book only shows this as
being valid for an AMD Athlon64, but I'm pretty sure (though I'm no expert,
hence me turning to you!) that I could use that target for the Xeons.  :)
I'm going to try it out unless I get back an answer from someone saying "No!
Use xxx-xx-xxx-xxx!".  :)  I'll let you know what happens.  :)

	Dave