Pure-64 bootable?

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:47:33 PST 2005

David Fix wrote:

>>It will build, but it will not run, that patch is not complete.
>>

>Ah, ok Joe.  :)  So just to confirm then...  Once I'm finished this build
>(Pure 64)...  How in the world will I be able to run it?  Or will I?  :)  In
>the archives, Matt Darcy mentions that LILO supports 64-bit...  Would you
>recommend that as the way to go?  :)
>
>	Dave

I have never used lilo so I cant speak on its behalf. On a stable x86
system you can use the following commands to make a grub-static package
to extract onto /.

LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=/usr --without-curses &&
make &&
mkdir -p tmp &&
make DESTDIR=$PWD/tmp install &&
cd tmp &&
tar cvjf grub-static.tar.bz2 *

note: that package requires 32bit elf emulation to be compiled into the
kernel.