AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: gcc 4.0.2 build error

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 14 08:59:26 PST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Back Michael (extern) wrote:

> Please telle which crti.o should be normaly used and how looks like your
> (correct) output of the command which failes by my compilation!

  On my last multilib build, my log looks like yours [a], except that I
don't get the error message and my build carries on.

  You should have crti.o in /mnt/lfs/tools/lib, from the 32-bit full
glibc, and also in /mnt/lfs/tools/lib64 from the 64-bit full glibc.

1. find $LFS/tools -name 'crti.o' : do either/both exist ?

2. for whichever does exist, run 'file' to confirm you have 32-bit in
lib and 64-bit in lib64.

3. are your /tools and /cross-tools symlinks correct ?

4. did you install glibc into /cross-tools by accident ?

Ken

(a). OK, strictly mine references /mnt/lfs/building instead of
/mnt/lfs/sources, but that is my problem. The details of everything it
tries to include are the same, because the problem is a missing part of
glibc.