Multilib Questions

Tushar Teredesai sukucorp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:22:44 PST 2005

Hi:

I recently acquired an AMD64 desktop (yay!). Before installing LFS on
it, I have some questions regarding multilib. If they have already
been answered before, feel free to hit me with a cluebat and point me
to it.
1. The book builds /cross-tools and then uses that to build /tools. If
I am not performing a native build, can I skip the cross-tools
section?
2. If I understand multilib correctly, I don't need to install the
32bit libraries for all packages, but only for the dependencies that I
require. For example, if I need 32-bit mozilla, I only need to have
32bit libraries for all direct and indirect dependencies of mozilla.
Correct?
3. Is there any recommendation for where to put the 32bit related
executables (such as -config scripts for packages)?

Thanks.
--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org