Multilib Questions

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:19:56 PST 2005

On 12/14/05, Tushar Teredesai <sukucorp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently acquired an AMD64 desktop (yay!). Before installing LFS on
> it, I have some questions regarding multilib. If they have already
> been answered before, feel free to hit me with a cluebat and point me
> to it.
> 1. The book builds /cross-tools and then uses that to build /tools. If
> I am not performing a native build, can I skip the cross-tools
> section?

I meant to send this link yesterday but forgot.  Not to slight any of
the work on CLFS, but someone on the DIY list posted his method of
native building X86_64 multilib.  Take a look at

http://www.diy-linux.org/pipermail/diy-linux-dev/2005-November/000675.html

It takes the form of a patch to Greg's gsbuild system.

--
Dan