Pending Changes to temp-system and temp-tools

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Mon Dec 19 15:22:59 PST 2005

Joe Ciccone wrote:

>One minor correction, 32bit glibc is required for most bootloaders to
>build, therefore that needs to be kept. grub does try to link to ncurses
>so it might not be a bad idea to pass --without-curses to the grub
>configure so that it doesnt try to link to the 64bit ncurses, which
>would in fact break it.

Glibc will stay in cross-tools, glibc is needed for when we get to the
multilib files. Remember even though we removed zlib and ncurses 32 from
the build, we will still need them for our perl build in temp-system.

>Other then that one warning i just wanted to point out i do not have any
>objections to the idea.

So only the x86_64, would need a 32 bit ncurses, but only under the boot
scenario. Is this correct Joe.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org