gcc-4.0.2 in section 10

Justin justinwhelan at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 11:30:46 PST 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:

> Begining of the book

i figured out the uname -i/p problem. I compiled coreutils as per the
book originally and it does not mention the uname patch in chapter 6. I
have re-compiled with the patch and now uname shows x86_64 for both the
-i / -p and -m options which as far as i can make out on the internet is
correct.

However, I still have the gcc libmudflap error. if i run the compile
with --disable-libmudflap the compile works fine. will this cause any
errors later on in the book as all the coreutils/binutils and glibc
checks all passed ok and i am reluctant to start from scratch.

Thanks,

Justin Whelan