perl compile in section 6

Justin justinwhelan at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 05:48:46 PST 2005

Matt Darcy wrote:

> You won't be able to execute the 64bit binary on the 32bit host.
>
> the reason /cross-tools is first is because "gcc" doesn't actually
> live in /cross-tools, so if you type gcc - it will not be able to
> pickup gcc from /cross-tools as it doesn't exist in this form at this
> time.
>
> Matt

i understand that i cannot run 64bit software on my 32bit host,  but
with the commands given in the book *before booting into the 64bit lfs*
perl does not compile because it tries run ./try which is for some
reason compiled as 64bit which is what led me to believe the book may be
wrong as it does not use and CC="" commands. I know the perl was
recently moved and thought that this may have been overlooked and just
wanted to make sure its not me getting it wrong.

Thanks,

Justin