MIPS multilib cross-compiler build fails

Michael J. Hammel cross-lfs at graphics-muse.org
Thu Dec 22 12:34:29 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 12:17 -0800, Jim Gifford wrote:
> Michael,
>     Just built a complete multilib one with no issues, your problem may
> due to the fedora FC3 binutils. I could provide you with the cross-tools
> I just made if you wish.

I might consider that later, but I need to figure out what the real
problem is.  The goal of this project is to create a build system for
the complete cross compile toolchain plus distribution for our customers
so we can drop dependence on MontaVista and deliver the complete build
system.  That will let them easily customize the distribution as they
see fit.  In fact, we'd like to provide the build system as an open
source solution eventually, though my boss has to get legal permissions
from the higher ups, etc.  Anyway, that's the goal.

I'll keep working on it.  There's a solution out there somewhere.  :-)

FYI - we're off for the holidays after today through Jan 3.  I'll get
back to you in the new year with any updates I come across.

Thanks for helping!
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |     If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.