Xorg

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 27 05:25:59 PST 2005

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> Has anyone built Xorg for the Athlon64?

  Yes.

>  I was able to compile it
> without any problems, but when I run Xorg -configure, it complains that
> it cannot find the Radeon module.  When I looked
> inside /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules, I see the drivers directory and it has
> the Radeon driver in it.

  Multilib or Pure64 ?

  For pure64 with 6.9-rc, my script puts the following into host.def -
the first two control libraries/modules, the last is for the libGL
symlink in /usr/lib.

#define LibDirName lib
#define LibDir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11
#define HaveLib64 NO

  For multilib, I use

#define LibDirName lib64
#define LibDir /usr/X11R6/lib64/X11
#define HaveLib64 YES

  Or, perhaps you are on multilib and it's as simple as adding
/usr/X11R6/lib64 to ld.so.conf ?

  FWIW, I haven't really used anything newer than 6.9-rc1 (and certainly
not 7.0, yet) - played with 6.9-rc3, but had to revert to -rc1 because
the (somewhat old) version of pango I was using didn't build one of the
necessary backends.  Didn't have time to compare the builds before 6.9
was released, that might be either platform-specific (ppc, powerpc64) or
fixed in a newer pango.