Xorg

Dennis J Perkins dperkins at frii.com
Tue Dec 27 07:29:13 PST 2005

>   Multilib or Pure64 ?

The system is multilib, but I built Xorg as Pure64.  Since the syste is
multilib, maybe I should do multilib instead.

>   Or, perhaps you are on multilib and it's as simple as adding
> /usr/X11R6/lib64 to ld.so.conf ?

I hought of this, but it didn't help.

>   FWIW, I haven't really used anything newer than 6.9-rc1 (and certainly
> not 7.0, yet) - played with 6.9-rc3, but had to revert to -rc1 because
> the (somewhat old) version of pango I was using didn't build one of the
> necessary backends.  Didn't have time to compare the builds before 6.9
> was released, that might be either platform-specific (ppc, powerpc64) or
> fixed in a newer pango.

I compiled 6.9 first, but it had the same problem, so I dropped back to
6.8 in case the problem was in 6.9.  I know 6.9 compiled without
problems, but I don't know if it will work.  As soon as I get 6.8
working, I'll try again with 6.9.