bison section 10

Justin justinwhelan at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 11:38:32 PST 2005

Joe Ciccone wrote:

>ok, i officialy lost it, sorry about that Justin.  Here is the proper test
>
>cat > dummy.cpp << EOF
>#include <iostream>
>using namespace std;
>int main () { cout << "Hi" << endl; }
>EOF
>g++ dummy.cpp -o dummy
>./dummy
>
>this should print Hi

this gave me

dummy.cpp:1:20: error: iostream: No such file or directory
dummy.cpp: In function 'int main()':
dummy.cpp:5: error: 'cout' was not declared in this scope
dummy.cpp:5: error: 'endl' was not declared in this scope

now, i am thinking g++ is simply not looking in the correct place for
its includes. I am going to scan through the specs file and see if
anythings corrupted.Short of that i am stuck.

iostream exists here...

/usr/include/c++/4.0.2

also with prefix cross-tools and tools (in place of /usr)

Err, if you can think of anything else let me know. or if you wish I can
attach the spec file if i cannot find any problems.

Thanks.

Justin Whelan