Glibc problems

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 27 17:28:05 PST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Ken,
>   That's usually caused be a binutils issue, I'm interested to see if we can
> figure out the cause.

  OK, tomor^H^H^H^H^Hlater I'll have another go with 20051107 (I
overwrote my binutils log when I used 20051024).  A bit odd if it is
binutils, I don't immediately see what could make it differ (same
script, same packages except glibc, same host).

  FWIW, on the ppc host the error was

checking whether .text pseudo-op must be used... no
checking for assembler global-symbol directive... UNKNOWN
configure: error: cannot determine asm global directive

so it does feel like a binutils problem.  But how many successful
builds have I run with binutils-2.16.1 ?  I've lost count.

Later,