Gnome

Dennis J Perkins dperkins at frii.com
Wed Dec 28 09:22:07 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 11:08 -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> On 12/28/05, Dennis J Perkins <dperkins at frii.com> wrote:
> >
> > That did not fix the problem.  Libtool still wants libexpat.la to be
> > in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib64.  Most of the Gnome packages build
> > without any problems, so could the problem be in the packages?
>
> Packages do not use the system installed libtool, they have a private
> copy included in the tarball. Try libtoolize --force before running
> configure. That *should* update the internal libtool copy with the
> system installed one and *should* fix the problem.
>
> --

That did not help either.  Here is what I see when it fails.

mkdir .libs
grep: /usr/lib/libexpat.la: No such file or directory.
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libexpat.la:  No such file or directory
libtool: link: `\usr/lib/libexpat.la' is not a valid libtool archive.
make[4]: *** [libdom.la] Error 1