Glibc problems

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 28 10:19:25 PST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Chris Staub wrote:

> I'm building a cross-lfs system right now, with glibc-20051107 - currently
> halfway through the final-system - and haven't had any problems. My LFS_HOST
> and LFS_TARGET are both i686-pc-linux-gnu.

  Thanks for the info, Chris.  So, you aren't cross-compiling ?

I've isolated the problem, at least from x86_64-64, to Drepper's
changes from 2005-11-05 to bail out if init_array/fini_array support is
not available.  Doing a first run with a reversal patch at the moment.

  Hmm, on this box, I'm using binutils-2.15.94.0.2.2, maybe this can be
solved by echoing some magic libc_cv_please_build incantation to
config,cache.  All my systems on my normal build machine are using a
newer binutils.

  I'm starting to get the feeling that my problem building from the G5 as
ppc could be completely different :-(