Cross-Compiling Perl

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 28 14:05:05 PST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Ken it's also needed for the building of glibc. Found that out the hard way.

  Jim,

  "Used for glibc" is what I meant (ok, failing to build isn't strictly a
test, but at this time of year I'm doing well if I can string a sentence
together).

  Let me try again.  We had a working build with texinfo and perl built
in temp-tools.  Now we are trying to cross-compile them, and some of us
are failing.  At the moment, I don't see the benefit of getting involved
in the obscurities of perl's Configure just so we can move it to
"temporary-system" and rename "temporary-tools" as "test-tools".