chapter "7.9 creating_directories" too late

Frans Verstegen frans_verstegen at yahoo.fr
Sat Dec 31 06:54:20 PST 2005

The final directory structure is created in chapter 7.9 after the
  E2fsprogs-1.38, Sysvinit-2.86, Module-Init-Tools-3.2.2,
  Inetutils-1.4.2, Util-linux-2.12r, Udev-076,
  ELFtoaout-2.3
packages.

This makes the "ln -s share/{man,doc,info} ${LFS}/usr" from "7.9
Creating Directories" fail as the installation of the inetutils package
created the /usr/man directory.
The inetutils configure scripts accepts a --mandir parameter, but I'm
afraid other packages might create directories as well making other
links fail from 7.9...

In the non-cross LFS book the directory structure is created very
early, ie. before the final packages are installed.

Should we also create the directory structure earlier, ie. first thing
in chapter 7 ?

Frans