a suggestion for the CLFS book

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 1 14:32:20 PST 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Matt Darcy wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> Thanks very much for your suggestion with regard to the cross-lfs
> book and possible improvments While your suggestion makes for useful
> reading for a student / teacher style book, the overhead and
> usefulness of this feature within an LFS book, from experience
> actually turns counter productive.

hmmm ... i think you may have read more into my suggestion than i
intended.  when i suggested describing the effects of running a
pageful of commands, i didn't mean a horrifically-detailed description
of everything that would have happened.

more along the lines of, "once you do all of the above, you should now
see all of your newly-created cross-compile commands in <some
directory name here>."

just something as simple as that might give a beginner the confidence
to believe he did this part right and he can continue on to the next.

just my $0.02.

rday