error: cannot execute binary file

Stan Sander ssande at sandia.gov
Thu Nov 3 07:32:01 PST 2005

OK, I've messed up something else.  I'm following through the multilib
x86_64 build.  The only difference from the book has been I built kernel
2.6.13.4.  I went through the steps in chapter 7 to make the temporary
system bootable and have booted into it.  Now I am at chapter 9.6 trying
to build the 32 bit perl 5.8.7.  The configure aborts with the following
error message:

/bin/sh: ./try: cannot execute binary file
The program compiled OK but exited with status 126.

Any idea where I went wrong?  Some other info that may or may not be
useful I get the same error message from the host system bash when I try
to do:

/tools/bin/gcc -v

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

Microsoft: You've got questions. We've got a dancing paperclip.