Preventing Cross-LFS from Going to Stable

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 3 14:35:52 PST 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Jim Gifford wrote:

> Kernel
>   Want to move to the 2.6.14 kernel, need to test on MIPS, MIPS64, and PPC
> builds. 2.6.12.6 works on
>    all architectures, that's why it's in the book. 2.6.13 had issues with
> Sparc and MIPS.

  2.6.14 seems fine on ppc - there are some ambiguous reports about usb
problems, but those seem to be about changes in linus' git tree *after*
2.6.14.  I've been running 2.6.14 on my ibook for 3.5 hours now, it has
slept both with and without a usb mouse connected, seems fine.  Details
below (throttled back to low speed).

processor	: 0
cpu		: 7447A, altivec supported
clock		: 533MHz
revision	: 0.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
bogomips	: 530.43
machine		: PowerBook6,5
motherboard	: PowerBook6,5 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as	: 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags	: 0000001b
L2 cache	: 512K unified
memory		: 256MB