About SBUs and disk usage.

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:58:15 PST 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:

>El Lunes, 7 de Noviembre de 2005 21:21, Jim Gifford escribió:
>

>>The only chapters that can get SBU's is the final-system, due to our
>>build method. So I don't really think SBU's is going to be a good
>>measurement system here in cross-lfs.
>>
>>I'm all for dropping them altogether. Anyone have any suggestions.
>>

>SBUs is clearly feasibles only for final system and I think that it will vary
>notabily from arch to arch.
>
>Disk usage may depend also on the arch.
>
>For consinstency, all archs or none should contain that info.
>
>IMHO, is better to full remove it that have missing or wrong dades.

I'm all for removing it, every arch would have a different time and
every upgrade would have to be retimed. Unless someone was to sit down
with the buildscripts and calculate the times in there, I think it would
be too much of a hassle to keep up to date manually. And when you start
compiling on older archs, you have to account for hdd speed. It is one
more thing to maintain. I'd rather focus on getting everything super
stable before we go worring ourselves with SBU times.