Proposal: x86_64 pure 64 bit bootloader

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:36:00 PST 2005

This goes against any standard I have set for LFS so far but it gets us
one step closer to being stable. I want to propose using grub-static for
x86_64 pure builds. I am sure someone will say but the purpose of LFS is
to compile every package from source. It is against my *religion* to use
binary packages but this seems like the best option until somebody comes
up with a way to cross-compile grub properly. I have been unsuccessful
in all previous attempts. I will provide the package if needed.

I am asking for some feedback on this idea. As I said, it seems like the
most logical decision right now.

-Joe