About SBUs and disk usage.

Matt Darcy lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 13:40:58 PST 2005

Jim Gifford wrote:

> The only chapters that can get SBU's is the final-system, due to our
> build method. So I don't really think SBU's is going to be a good
> measurement system here in cross-lfs.
>
> I'm all for dropping them altogether. Anyone have any suggestions.

At the present time,

I'd agree with Jim

1.) the book is not marked as stable yet - so things will change and
maintaining sbu's would be pointless
2.) the build process is different and as Jim said sbu's won't be very
accurate.
3.) if its that important to the individual user they can always bench
mark their own site.

As a general rule of thumb anyone who is cross-building is LFS aware so
knows how to make a rough estimate of their own system.

Matt