replacing cross-tools with Dan Kegels toolchain

Matt Darcy lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 02:21:08 PST 2005

Feldmeier Bernd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> why don't we replace the cross toolchain with
> the one from Dan Kegel which is stable and supports
> a lot of ARCHs??
>
> This should be a better way to build CLFS maybe?
>
> regards

Hi,

the cross toolchain is maintained by the LFS team, so that it has
relevance to both LFS and cross-lfs as they are related project. The
guys who worked on the toolchains have put in a LOT of time and effort
to get it to an accepted point of a "sane" build by kernel developers
and the like.

There is no need to use an additional external tool chain, when the one
in here is maintained by strong people who are working to progress the
clfs and indeed the lfs projects.

The tool chain is and should be maintained by the LFS groups members.

I see no reason to change a very strong tool chain.

Matt.