About SBUs and disk usage.

Linux@mips24k Linux at mips24k.com
Wed Nov 9 04:08:49 PST 2005

From: "jaca" <jherold at interia.pl>
To: "Cross-LFS Discussion List" <cross-lfs at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 3:55pm
Subject: Re[2]: About SBUs and disk usage.

> I think SBU are usefull somehow especialy for people with slow
> machines.
>
> Pozdrawiam,
> jaca                            mailto:jherold at interia.pl

I agree, SBU is invaluable;
I will be working a MIPS24k system poured into an FPGA running 25MHz.
SBU allows me to estimate when I need to come back for check-up.
Current estimate is ~53hours to build system; a weekend;
not that I work on the weekend but I can ssh into box to check on build.

Beyond that I would have thought that SBUs would be a matter of pride.
Bragging rights on who can build a system with the fastest SBU.

Ajax4Hire at mips24k.com    www.mips24k.com