Some corrections in the CLFS Book for x86_64-Multilib

go moko gomoko at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 04:40:17 PST 2005

Yes, I agree. But this is directed by the ${BUILD32}
flag to gcc, not by the --host option, which indicates
what is the target machine of the build. All the
packages built in 32bits in the book mode have the
option "--host=${LFS_TARGET}".
On my machine, without this flag, the stage files were
installed under /usr/lib/grub/i386-pc, and not
/usr/lib/grub/x86_64-pc, as mentionned in the book.
Perhaps it's the same files, but it seems to me that
it was quite incoherent.
But perhaps am I false, or my built not correct...

Regards
G. Moko