Some details on CLFS Book

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 10 08:35:35 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, go moko wrote:

> - 3.22.1: The command "cp Makefile.in
> Makefile.in.orig" is often writen as "cp
> Makefile.in{,.orig}" in the book. It's just a matter
> of coherence.
> - 7.3.1: id. for src/Makefile

  This is a matter of showing the reader that there are different ways of
expressing the command, IMHO.  Same as in regular LFS, likely to change
every time an editor has to alter something in that file.

( I'm not ignoring the coreutils question, I'm leaving it for someone
who has looked at this version, I'm still trying to sort out my desktop
applications from earlier builds.)