Glibc and installation of locale

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 15 11:15:58 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, go moko wrote:

> Another question about glibc:
> Unlike LFS standard, Glibc in /tools is not installed
> with locale. Doesn't this cause failures on the Glibc
> test in the installation finale of Glibc? I've some
> failures, which I suppose coming from this, but I've
> not still investigate deeply.

  architecture(s) ?  I had a disgusting number of failures in glibc
x86_64 (multilib, but only -m32), some of which were definitely in using
locales (e.g. de_DE).  If this is down to omitting locales in /tools,
I'll take my hat off to you, but I'm dubious: i686, x86_64-64, x86_64
-m64, and ppc all got through without serious issues (glibc snapshots
from a few weeks ago).