glibc64 install failure

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 15:58:45 PST 2005

On 11/18/05, Peter Lawthers <Peter.Lawthers at datadomain.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use gcc 3.4.4 and glibc 2.3.5 in a multi-lib compile for
> amd64. When
> I get to the chroot phase doing the install of glibc64, I get an
> installation
> error that I've tracked down to the perl script that tests the installation.
> The 32 bit version works fine.

Don't know if this is exactly related, but on DIY-Linux, Greg Shafer
pointed out that the test-installation.pl script uses the ld from
tools which has /tools/lib at the front of the library search path.
So, you're essentially testing your installation of your /tools glibc
and not your fresh chroot glibc.  He uses an sed to insert -L/usr/lib
into test-installation.pl.  See:

http://www.diy-linux.org/x86-reference-build/chroot.html#c-glibc
http://www.diy-linux.org/pipermail/diy-linux-dev/2004-October/000205.html

This doesn't seem like it's your issue since the error seems to be
with libgcc_s, but it would be interesting to see what this
modification does to the running of test-installation.pl.  May be
relevant to the build anyway.

--
Dan