glibc64 install failure

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 12:36:28 PST 2005

On 11/18/05, Peter Lawthers <Peter.Lawthers at datadomain.com> wrote:
> Great! That did the trick, thanks.
>
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > Don't know if this is exactly related, but on DIY-Linux, Greg Shafer
> > pointed out that the test-installation.pl script uses the ld from
> > tools which has /tools/lib at the front of the library search path.
> > So, you're essentially testing your installation of your /tools glibc
> > and not your fresh chroot glibc.  He uses an sed to insert -L/usr/lib
> > into test-installation.pl.  See:
> >
> > http://www.diy-linux.org/x86-reference-build/chroot.html#c-glibc
> > http://www.diy-linux.org/pipermail/diy-linux-dev/2004-October/000205.html
> >
> > This doesn't seem like it's your issue since the error seems to be
> > with libgcc_s, but it would be interesting to see what this
> > modification does to the running of test-installation.pl.  May be
> > relevant to the build anyway.
> >
> > --
> > Dan

Peter, what command did you actually use?  Seems you would have to be
careful about adding -L/usr/lib or -L/usr/lib64 in a multilib build.
I've never done one, so I don't know the issues involved, but it seems
that -L/usr/lib would end up testing your glibc-32 build.  I don't
really know, though.

Jim, Ken, etc: Would you guys test this out and see how it affects the
build?  I don't know if it can go in verbatim for multilib, but it
seems relevant to any glibc install.

--
Dan