DHCP client for xf86?

jstipins at umich.edu jstipins at umich.edu
Sat Nov 19 15:36:56 PST 2005

Hi everybody,

Things are going well: I'm finally up and running with a pure 64-bit
linux 2.6.14.2, that boots using a GRUB installation that was already
living on another partition.  So life is pretty good.  :-)

Now, a question.  I've noticed that some things that build without a
hitch on a 32-bit system run into some snags on my xf86_64 system.  In
particular, the configure script for dhcpcd-1.3.22 fails to recognize
my machine type, and quits.  On the other hand, dhcp-3.0.2 won't compile
on my system.

So has anybody got a DHCP client working on an xf86_64 box?  How did you
do it?

Thanks,
-Janis