glibc64 install failure

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 19 16:18:40 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Jim, Ken, etc: Would you guys test this out and see how it affects the
> build?  I don't know if it can go in verbatim for multilib, but it
> seems relevant to any glibc install.

  Not a chance of me testing this at the moment :-( My x86_64 multilib is
still stuck in bclfs (glib-2-32, FWIW), my powerpc64 multilib build is
trying to follow the ppc book (with the obvious multilib changes and
trying without -D_GNU_SOURCE for patch) and adding further variations
will only confuse me.

  When I can get a *reliable* desktop build, I'll be back in business to
test changes.  But, I'm  less than clear how we are supposed to prove
that this is helping - linuxthreads is no longer an option with the
glibc we're now using, so even if we wanted to we can't build the
initial glibc like that, and nobody has so far reported this problem
with the versions in the book.

  I'm only an editor, I'm not a toolchain expert.