DHCP client for xf86?

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 19 16:37:35 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Joe Ciccone wrote:

> jstipins at umich.edu wrote:
>>
>> Now, a question.  I've noticed that some things that build without a
>> hitch on a 32-bit system run into some snags on my xf86_64 system.  In
>> particular, the configure script for dhcpcd-1.3.22 fails to recognize
>> my machine type, and quits.  On the other hand, dhcp-3.0.2 won't compile
>> on my system.
>>
>> So has anybody got a DHCP client working on an xf86_64 box?  How did you
>> do it?
>>

> Can you send an example of each failure. If you do I may beable to write
> a patch for one of them. I am willing to work with you on this.

  For dhcp-3.0.2, use both the BLFS patches (iproute2, gcc-3.4.3),
configure, and then

sed -i 's/__u16/u_int16_t/g' common/tr.c

(I think it's probably the C library giving the problem, rather than the
architecture).

  For dhcpcd, perhaps copy config.guess and config.sub from
/usr/share/automake-1.9/ (needed for traceroute, jpeglib, occasional
others).  I don't use this package, there might be other things to do,
or config.* might be in a subdirectory.