"What's New for..." pages

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Nov 20 05:09:19 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, M.Canales.es wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Trying to clean-up the list of patches I'm noticing some inconsistencies on
> the  "What's New for..." pages (missing entries of entries for unused
> patches).
>
> Thinking on that, against what is compared CLFS to decide what is new?
>
> At this moment there is no CLFS book released, then, or all is considered now
> and that pages should be dropped for now, or we must to use LFS-6.1.1 to
> compare against (LFS-SVN isn't an option due that is a moving target, thus
> that pages must will be redo after each LFS-SVN package/patche update.)
>
> I'm for dropping that files until release the first CLFS stable book, then
> re-add it to compare against previous CLFS books.
>
> What do you think?

  I think we should drop it until we have a release.  Comparing against
an LFS release may be misleading (all arch-specific features are 'new').

  Comparing against LFS-SVN adds the problem that we may be doing some
things differently.

  Personally, I've got enough problems remembering to add changes to
*all* the appropriate changelogs.