Questions on bzip2

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 04:35:59 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, go moko wrote:

> Asked on an other form, has a cross-BLFS any
> signification? I thought that after LFS, we boot on a
> new system before BLFS, and so, there's no more
> cross-compiling. But it can be a 64bits BLFS, or a
> Multilib BLFS.
> Am I false?

  The only reason I use the term 'BCLFS' is for the B (beyond), the C is
only significant as part of 'CLFS'.  So no, the cross-compiling is not
part of the issue.

  In a few cases (strace, dhcp-3.0.2) we have needed to alter package
source to cope with a newer glibc, more generally we have to cope with

(a) different build instructions for non-x86
(b) altered instructions for X on pure64, and to an extent on multilib
(c) packages that don't recognise newer platforms
(d) lib64 on multilib (particularly, the packages which ignore --libdir)
(e) packages that aren't 64-bit clean (e.g. latest abiword)