Questions on bzip2

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 05:36:17 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, go moko wrote:

>> (d) lib64 on multilib (particularly, the packages
>> which ignore --libdir)
>> (e) packages that aren't 64-bit clean (e.g. latest
>> abiword)
>>

> Ok, thanks. I understand better.
> Juts for point (d), I thought that all the chain for
> 64 bits (gcc, ld, ...) was able to do the distinction
> between lib for 32 and lib64 for 64 bits without any
> further instruction like --libdir. Did I
> misunderstood?

  My comments are about what we build *after* the end of the CLFS book.
e.g. cdrecord (configure process is hidden, but it installs static
libraries in /usr/lib), openssl, libpng (ZLIBLIB=/usr/lib64
LIBPATH=/usr/lib64), ...

  IMHO, this list is a valid place to discuss issues beyond CLFS which
don't affect users of LFS.