Questions on bzip2

go moko gomoko at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 23:23:19 PST 2005

--- Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/21/05, go moko <gomoko at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for extremely sympathic reply; I'll
> follow
> > your advices.
>
> Sorry about the earlier reply.  It was probably way
> out of bounds.  I
> really don't mean to keep you from asking questions
> on this list.
> Just that it's important to do a little research
> before asking
> questions.  Please don't take my earlier post as a
> deterrent to asking
> questions.  I'm not an expert either, and I've often
> been reduced to
> asking stupid questions on list.

It's me who is sorry. I just feared to having
understand that these lists were only for expert
developpers, and I'm not one, far from it. But I
apologize for the post on which you replied, because
it was a deviation from an initial thread that was
about something else (bzip2 installation in CLFS, if I
remember well), and just become a discussion on
somewhat I've not still done (BCLFS). And as I read me
again, I understand I was quite confusing in my post.

> > Nevertheless, I allow myself to say this:
> > - I don't pretend to be an expert of configure and
> > Makefile scripts, far from this; but I think I'm
> able
> > to read them and quite understand how they
> globally
> > function.
>
> Me neither.  Same as I said above, though.  Given
> package X, it seems
> to be important to have a glance through the
> offending configure and
> Makefile for X before email.

I entirely agree with you.

> [...]
>
> > Please excuse me if I offended you, and please
> excuse
> > my poor english (not native ;-))
>
> You haven't offended me.  And your English is fine.
> You're tackling a
> tough subject, and you have every right to post your
> questions on this
> list.  My one suggestion would be that if you have
> done the research,
> then it helps to put some details in the questions
> so that those
> listening can jump in with a pretty good idea of
> where you stand.

As I said, I'll follow your advice, because you're
antirely right.
Thanks again
G. Moko