problem with executables

jstipins at umich.edu jstipins at umich.edu
Sat Nov 26 11:32:01 PST 2005

Quoting Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com>:

> sometimes ldd doesnt work when it cant find a library. you can do
> something like this as an alternative.
>
> readelf -a /bin/bash | grep "Shared"
>
> i thought that cocoa was a apple development suite. am i mistaken? i
> dont see how it would run very well on linux.
> --

Thanks, everybody, for the useful information.  I had forgotten about the
--enable-kernel option in glibc.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to
do at this point, since most of these packages that I want to use are only
available as binaries; but I agree it's stupid to go back to linuxthreads.

compiled.

The "cocoa" package is not the Apple GUI thing; it's actually "CoCoA", which
is a Computer Commutative Algebra package.  I have no idea why the developers
don't distribute sources.

-Janis