Error in cross-lfs-Sparc64 7.14. Setting Up the Environment

Matt Darcy lfs-list at projecthugo.co.uk
Sun Nov 27 03:40:56 PST 2005

Frans Verstegen wrote:

>Matt Dary wrote:
>

>>>From:Linux From Scratch - Version CLFS-SVN-20051126-Sparc64 Chapter
>>>

>7.14
>

>>>If You Are Going to Boot

>>>cat > ${LFS}/root/.bash_profile << "EOF"
>>>PS1='\u:\w\$ '
>>>LC_ALL=POSIX
>>>PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin:/tools/sbin
>>>export LC_ALL PATH PS1
>>>EOF
>>>By putting /tools/bin ahead of the standard PATH, all the programs
>>>installed in Constructing a Temporary Tools are picked up by the
>>>

>shell
>

>>>immediately after their installation.
>>>
>>>shouldn't this be
>>>By putting /tools/bin:/tools/sbin at the end of the standard PATH ...
>>>

>>Franz, I just want to check that your 7.14 in your subject means
>>

>chapter
>

>>7.14 in the book.
>>If so - it looks like you maybe right.
>>Are you cross-building 64/multi-lib ? I assume 64)
>>then I can investigate.
>>Matt
>>

>No, I'm not cross-building 64/multi-lib, I'm doing sparc64 only.
>I checked in 64/multi-lib this is also incorrectly worded in Ch. 7.15
>
>Frans

it looks more likey you've actually made a mistake in your typing

the command

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin:/tools/sbin

does set PATH to contain /tools/bin and /tools/sbin at the end.

try it on your own command line, put the line

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/tools/bin:/tools/sbin

then echo $PATH, and you'll see that tools is at the end.

its more likey you've made a typo, or something in your own personal config that is over riding your PATH

Matt