udev rules

Ryan Oliver ryan.oliver at pha.com.au
Sun Nov 27 20:32:55 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 22:03 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Ryan Oliver wrote these words on 11/27/05 22:00 CST:
>
> > As to where this work should be done (LFS or Cross-LFS), does it really
> > matter? Should cross-lfs wait for lfs, ignoring broken behaviour on
> > certain architectures, or actively go about working towards a solution?
>
> I think the whole issue is that the community is in the dark on
> these matters. Apparently, these issues only affect Cross-LFS, yet
> there are implications that affect LFS. For that reason, the issues
> should be brought to light.

Fully agreed, the issues should be brought to light.

However, how worthwhile will it be starting a debate over the contents
of the current changes before the proof-of-concept is fully put through
its paces?

Plenty of time to discuss after that point and then work towards
catering to everyones needs

Best Regards
Ryan