New Udev Package - Depends on 2.6.15

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Sun Nov 27 23:15:00 PST 2005

This is for people who would like to assist in the changes to a udev
system without hotplug. A lot of time has gone into this package by Kay
Sievers for opensuse. Some of the files I've not been able to convert to
LFS, but it doesn't stop the LFS community from helping fix these.

The link is at http://ftp.jg555.com/udev. These will not work and not
everything is converted to work with LFS yet. Still have some things to
work out, mainly mount.sh and input_device.sh.

The udev instructions will also need to be updated to support this
package, but right now that's on hold until 2.6.15 is out. For those who
are playing around with the bleeding edge, in that same directory is the
changes required for udev.http://ftp.jg555.com/udev/udev.makechanges.

I've tested what I can, still working out issues, if you have any
patches or changes, please communicate them via the list or send the
patches to me at patches at jg555.com.

--
------
jim at linuxfromscratch.org