PPC question

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 29 14:33:08 PST 2005

  Hi,

   I'm having a whooole lot of fun with a multiarch ppc64 (mac G5).
Before anybody gets excited about me trying to queue-jump to put this
in the book, I know other people have requested other architectures
before, and I'm not asking to put this into the first edition of CLFS,
and anyway it doesn't build/install the second-stage bootloader
correctly at the moment.

  Once I've explored some of the multilib issues, I'll be using this
machine to build ppc32 (albeit with a 64-bit kernel).

  Anyway, to get ofboot to run on /dev/sda* I had to apply a patch to
yaboot from fedora.  I'll put this into -patches in a minute, so the
question is "do any supported (Newworld) ppc32 machines use SATA disks
?" - if they do, the patch will be needed in the book for ppc32, but I'm
not aware of any such machines.