Error compiling autoconf in Chapter 10

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 4 06:46:46 PDT 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, michi_w2001 at yahoo.de wrote:

> There's another oddity. I didn't notice it because I had the
> PERL5LIB-vriable set, but now the autoconf compile-run doesn't even
> find Glob.pm because the new perl install doesn't append its
> directories to the @INC-Array.

 I don't recognize this.  In particular, I've not encountered PERL5LIB
before.  Is it part of the package user hint ?

Maybe you've set something else that is breaking your build.

 I've just mounted my logs on the box where I built multilib, and
looking at the last build (20051012) I don't see Glob mentioned in the
log from autoconf, so I don't think I've got any other suggestions,
except for making a first build without the package user hint - I only
ever see it mentioned in connection with problems, although I'm sure it
works a lot of the time.