Error compiling autoconf in Chapter 10

michi_w2001 at yahoo.de michi_w2001 at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 6 04:15:51 PDT 2006

Am Dienstag 04 April 2006 16:27 schrieb Ken Moffat:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, michi_w2001 at yahoo.de wrote:
> > '/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-ld/auto/File/Glob/Glob.so'
>
>  One further comment, now that I've stopped oopsing 2.6.17-rc1 (x86)
> for long enough to mount my multilib system: how did you get
> x86_64-linux-ld as the directory name ?  Both on pure64 (5.8.8) and
> my old multilib (5.8.7) I have x86_64-linux without the -ld.
>
>  This appears to mean you are using long double and I am not : I'm
> open to suggestions why long double is better, but for a first build
> you will do much better following the book (or using ./configure.gnu
> if that is the difference here).
>
> Ken

Actually, I have no idea for both. I think I set these options in a
previous configure run of perl, o there was no actual reason.

Anyway, I redid the whole build yesterday (grr) without the Package User
System and it worked flawlessly. So, well, perhaps I should try with
the fakeroot approach next ;)

Thank you for your time and effort, I really appreciate it. When I
posted it to the list, I was quite sure this would not be a simple
problem to solve since I could not find anything similar on google or
in the archives.

Greetings,
Mike

PS: What I found interesting is that indeed autoconf's make did not
search for any Glob file anywhere. Strange thing really.