Alsa strangeness

Henry christenson exvor0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:41:49 PDT 2006

Hey everyone I know this post has very little information regarding
this problem as im still trying to aquire any.

Ive built a pure 64 bit system using CLFS on a gateway mx7525 lappy.
This includes a atiixp sound card and modem.

Now im not using the kernel in the book but a newer one from
kernel.org that is marked stable.  This is becuase the newer kernel
has the sky2 driver for my lan card.

Anyway Im perodicly loseing sound. ?  alsamixer shows its unmuted and
all the volumes are up and no sound.  I have verifyed that im using
the correct sound card device but yet still no sound.  Whats more odd
is there is no logs or failures anywhere so im starting to think this
is hardware related somewhere.

If i recompile the kernel i get sound back ? but reboot and it goes away again.

if anyone else has built a system on this sound card and have gotten
these issues i would like to know if there is anything you can tell
me.

thanks