chroot or re-boot on 32 cross-lfs for AMD 64.

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 00:14:02 PDT 2006

On 4/10/06, Peter Fosseus <peter at overdrive.co.za> wrote:

> If I am cross-compiling for AMD 64, am I able to chroot or do I need to
> re-boot. Since it is my primary machine, chrooting would mean that I could
> continue to work :)

This depends.  Is your kernel compiled as a 64-bit enabled kernel, or
is it still 32-bit only?  If you have a full 64-bit kernel, then you
can use the chroot path.  However, I suspect that since you have a
32-bit OS, your kernel compiled in the same manner, so you could
either use the reboot option, or compile yourself a 64-bit kernel (
making sure you enable the 32-bit compatibility option).

HTH,

Jeremy