Booting Kernel 2.6.16.x

Dirk Kleinschmidt dirk.kleinschmidt at gmx.net
Tue Apr 11 04:20:34 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

could anyone please post a link to a working .config-file for kernel
2.6.16.x running on a Mac Mini 1.25Ghz with PowerPC CPU? I don't know
what I'm doing wrong but every kernel I compiled from 2.6.16 series has
a clock skew so far. On every boot I get a error message that the system
time could not be set and after that date gives me something like
'1970-01-01 02:00' or so. I googled a bit (well ok it was quiet a lot)
but found nothing really helpful. I did only find some postings saying
that some things with the real time clock support changed lately. I also
tried to compile the version 2.6.17-rc1 but then boot completely. I'm
going to investigate that...