r1373 - / trunk/BOOK trunk/BOOK/cross-tools trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/common trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64-64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/multilib trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/ppc trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/sparc64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/sparc64-64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/mips trunk/BOOK/final-system/mips64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/sparc64-64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/x86_64-64

Jim Gifford lfs at jg555.com
Thu Apr 13 16:15:03 PDT 2006

We have a rule in CLFS, if the file is just includes for another file,
we remove it. That's what we did in this case, we don't want to have
extra files in the xml, since there is already to much of them. We also
moved the sed after the patches so the flow would look better.
Unfortunately the change to GLIBC 2.4, was not as simple as everyone
thought. There was a lot of slight changes that were needed to
facilitate the changes, so one change effected another piece. So I made
the change in multiple pieces. Which has been our normal approach on
major upgrades.

Plus the fact the version of GLIBC we were using was not even available
on the website.

Wait until I do the GCC 4.1 change tonight, you will see a lot more
files removed.