r1373 - / trunk/BOOK trunk/BOOK/cross-tools trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/common trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64-64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/multilib trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/ppc trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/sparc64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/sparc64-64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/mips trunk/BOOK/final-system/mips64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/sparc64-64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/x86_64-64

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 13 16:21:12 PDT 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:
> We have a rule in CLFS, if the file is just includes for another file,

That's wonderful, but where and when are these rules decided? And if I'm
supposed to be a dev (I've been since before anyone else save you and
Ryan) why don't I know about it?

> Unfortunately the change to GLIBC 2.4, was not as simple as everyone
> thought. There was a lot of slight changes that were needed to
> facilitate the changes, so one change effected another piece. So I made
> the change in multiple pieces. Which has been our normal approach on
> major upgrades.

OK. So *please* at least *tell* the list about it. Don't just make the
change and keep on trucking without explaining anything. How can I (or
others who are interested) be expected to keep up-to-speed otherwise?

--
JH