r1373 - / trunk/BOOK trunk/BOOK/cross-tools trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/common trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/mips64-64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/multilib trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/ppc trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/sparc64 trunk/BOOK/cross-tools/sparc64-64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/mips trunk/BOOK/final-system/mips64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/sparc64-64 trunk/BOOK/final-system/x86_64-64

Justin R. Knierim lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Thu Apr 13 18:53:00 PDT 2006

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Submitting fodder? Explaining new caveats or new aspects that affect the
> entire build is fodder?

As for the changelog entry you were referring to, I'm not a clfs dev but
  I see perfect sense in removing files that only have includes in them.
  If you are including a whole file, you can remove the file and use the
original directly.

I'm not so sure about the "then when there *is* something pertaining to
development asked, it goes ignored" as I haven't seen this.  Looking
through the archives, I see most emails answered.  Although the spam and
virus emails which almost outnumber the real emails nowadays might have
hidden something.

As for the change to the new glibc and gcc, it has been in Trac as a bug
sent to the cross-lfs list over a month ago.  It is not like LFS where
tickets go to lfs-book where they are somewhat hidden, on cross-lfs it
is all there.  Jim, Ryan, Joe and Chris all commented on the tickets, so
I don't know what else there is to discuss.  It is just my opinion, but
emailing the list to say "I'm adding glibc-2.4 to the book" is redundant
when there is the open ticket.  If jim had problems (which judging by
the changes there weren't any huge bugs or differences), I'm sure he
would have asked the list.

Just my opinion.

Justin